Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In Which I Become a Barber (and Ivan is Brave)


Before

Supplies

During     
 There is no barber shop on the island, so hair cutting is a strictly do-it-yourself affair. I've managed to dodge the issue by growing my hair out, but Ivan likes to keep his hair short (and he was getting quite shaggy). He was brave to entrust clipper duties to me.

Want to see the results?


After
So, I'm no Vidal Sassoon, but he looks pretty sharp, doesn't he? I floated the idea of continuing to cut his hair indefinitely, but he said no rather emphatically. And I didn't even nick his ears!

In all seriousness, though, the $20ish clipper set really paid off. He'll get a "real" haircut when we're in Anchorage in December, but my skills should hold him over until then.

1 comment:

  1. I, at least, am impressed. If that teacher's aide thing doesn't work out, maybe you could start going from home to home and cutting hair.

    (Or would that constitute the Unauthorized Practice of Barberism?)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs